Monday, November 03, 2003

I don't get it. Or rather, I don't get you.

You pulled. You pulled her. Why did you lie to me? Are you just a pathological liar? Why did you do to her the same things you did to me? In more ways than one! You've been seeing your present girlfriend for two months. I last saw you a month ago. You said you were single then. That you weren't into anything serious. If she was your girlfriend then, I sure as hell would have considered it serious!

Why the hell am I mad, I hear you ask. What's between us was over a long time ago. And that may be true. But I thought we had a close friendship. And close friends don't lie to each other. And damn it, what you did... just shows me the kind of person you are. And that is damning. It cheapens what we had... and is making me reconsider whether I really do want to continue this so-called friendship after all.

But you do SMS me when there's no reason for you to do so. And the words that you use... are touching. And technically, when we first started seeing each other, you weren't seriously going out with your girlfriend then. I don't know what to feel, what to think. From what I've seen of one side of you, I should be cursing my misfortune with men, wondering why it is that my judgement of people is so bloody bad. The other side of you... makes me thank God for having met you, for the fact that we had such a wonderful time together.

What should I go with? The reality? Or the memories?

No comments: