Saturday, March 20, 2004

I've been really stressed about work the last couple of days. Not just about the amount of work, but about the quality of my work, the rankings, the staff turnover... Yesterday, my supervisor resigned. He's a really nice guy, so I was quite shocked when I found out. In fact, he's so nice that he told me that he was hoping that he'd get a chance to tell me personally before I found out through other sources. The staff grapevine works at a tremendous speed in my company and this event was no different.

I'll confess. I took a short break, went to the Ladies and just let myself cry just a little.

Fortunately, by some unknown twist of fate, I ended up at Harry's that night, for the first time ever. My plan wasn't to do anything but hang out with friends and drink, but there were some swing dancers there, and the singer told them that there was 'another swing dancer at another table who was too shy to go up to them and ask them to dance' so they came over to ask me instead. And having not done that for more than two years, I was really more than a little embarrassed but at least, I can still dance and I had a hell of a lot of fun. It really did help relieve the stress even though it didn't completely eliminate it. But still... I'm thankful for the little things.

No comments: