Saturday, May 15, 2004

A colleague from Korea was in Singapore on training for the whole of last week. Because we had been too busy to go out with him during the week, we ended up giving him a joyous send-off yesterday night. As a result, we spent five hours in a karaoke room. Yes. Five. Furthermore, I ended up singing a Mandarin song: Teresa Teng's Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin.

It was nice seeing my Korean friend again since the last time I saw him was when we were in Manila for training in September last year. Last night, he was commenting on how nice it was to see us again and that some of us have changed quite a lot, and all of a sudden (since I wasn't really paying much attention, trying to choose a song), he said, "And this is referring to YOU, by the way!" I was like, "What? Okay... For the better or for the worse?" And he said, "Waaaaaaaay better!"

Later, he said, "You look fantastic! So tell me the truth. Did you get a new boyfriend? What happened? How come you changed so much?"

Okay, God. So it looks like you were listening when I was trudging home from work late last night. Thanks.

No comments: