Thursday, May 20, 2004

I've been dancing the last three nights and despite the fact that it's had an adverse effect on my productivity, it has undoubtedly managed to save my sanity for this week. I have so much fun dancing that I don't know how I've been able to live without it for so long.

At the same time, it causes me an undue amount of stress. You see, I love dancing. But I'm not that great at it. Or maybe I do have some sort of aptitude for it but I worry too much. I keep wondering why I can't get certain moves when others can. And maybe I should just let it go. I'm not saying that I should stop striving for perfection in dancing, just that I should stop obsessing so much about it and just relax and do the best I can. Sooner or later, it'll come to me with practice.

In the same way, I should stop worrying what others think about me when I dance. So what if I make a mistake? If I'm a good person to dance with, I don't have to concentrate so much on what I'm doing and whether I'm making any mistakes. I should just chill and go with the flow.

I want so desperately to be good at the dances I do, and to have style too - my own style that is.

So, God, this is my prayer. The wish that I would actually go all the way to the Novena to request for. This is my love and passion, Lord. Help me to give it my all.

No comments: