Tuesday, June 22, 2004

And once again, it's time to return to one of my favourite themes: all men are b******s.

Not that anything in particular has happened to me of late, but just that... why is it that each and every man that we meet turns out to be some sort of jerk in one way or other? They're either two-timing sons of b****es who claim that they weren't out to hurt anyone and give some lame-ass excuse about how they didn't realise you felt that way possibly because you were hiding your feelings to protect yourself... or they're just so freakin' dumb and obtuse.

I don't like putting myself out there, leaving myself all vulnerable and open to getting hurt. Yet, I have done so on more than one occasion. You think it's easy for me to just send out signals - signals which I know are obvious enough to anyone that I'm interested or that I wouldn't mind if you made a move - and just wait for you to give me some sort of indication of how you feel? I'm not a mind-reader.

This is why I prefer Western men. No doubt that they're even greater b******s than local guys, but still, they're easier to handle. You know where you stand with them because Caucasians are such decadent people. You don't have to worry about whether your actions will find some sort of reciprocity and on top of that, you know you'll enjoy the ride. Problem is... if you fall in too deep, you're going to have a hell of a time trying to excavate yourself from the hole you've managed to throw yourself into.

I'm just so sick of men. MEN with their idiotic attitudes towards life, love and everything. Men who reek of desperation and show their hands far too early and men who just seem to be oblivious to everything, including the giant sign that's shoved in their faces that say, "Hello, you a******! I LIKE YOU!" Don't call me a good friend and a nice person. I don't want to be your f***ing friend, okay? And I most definitely don't want to be thought of by you as "nice."

And I'm tired. Tired of doing all the work. Tired of asking people out. It's not as if they're not interested. It's like they're just too damn lazy. Or maybe I should just give up. If you're not interested enough to ask me out, then perhaps you're like one of those friends I should be giving up on. If I'm not worth the effort, why shouldn't I think the same of you?

And on another note... I was browsing through my Friendster today and I saw that Overseas Guy had posted a new photo. My heart skipped a beat. Clearly, I still do have a crush on you. When you return, what on earth am I going to do?

No comments: