Saturday, June 19, 2004

Can you believe how much I've changed over the years? I was such a private person a couple of years ago that one of my best friends only found out the reasons why I broke up with my first boyfriend and why he and I haven't been on good terms since a few months after the break-up even though we seemed okay initially. And she's the first among my good friends to know the whole story... mainly because the whole story involves a few friends in our circle.

All of this happened five years ago. Can you believe that people still want to know what happened?

But in any case, my friend and I agreed that we shouldn't be wasting our time and effort trying to keep in touch with people who clearly can't be bothered to put in even 10% of the effort we've put in. And these are the same kind of people who when you bump into in the streets say "Oh! How nice it is to see you! It's been too long! Keep in touch!" and who we've known for five years or more.

We've been keeping our side of the bargain. If you don't even bother to reply to our e-mails and other attempts at contact, then it just goes to show us what you think of us and what kind of person you are.

And to you, I say this. Screw you. I don't need people like you in my life. "Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young." Hah. Screw that too.

And if you have the audacity to get mad, citing reasons of work and all other time-consuming activities, then, I have only one thing left to say.

At least I've tried to fit you in my life. Can you say the same?

No comments: