Thursday, July 01, 2004

I've come to the conclusion that men are incapable of being single.

Most of my male friends, after breaking up with their girlfriends, are depressed for all of one day, before moving on - regardless of how long they've been together. About a week later, they start chatting up other girls. A few days later, I find out that they've got a new girlfriend.

I've witnessed this mysterious phenomenon with so many males that I'm not sure if it's in their blood to just move on without so much as a proper 'grieving' period, or if they're all simply in love with the idea of being in love.

Now, take my female friends and I. We've been single for an amazingly long time. If we were guys, people would say that we've been experiencing a severe drought and would be surprised that we're still sane and functional.

Men. Sheesh.

No comments: