Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Lately, I've been getting home from work physically and mentally drained, close to tears over the state of my life... over how hateful my work seems to be right now, how much stress I'm under, how utterly astounded I am by how my life has turned out.

Cold, stormy, dreary days like today don't help. It just gets me more depressed especially when I'm working late, when the realisation of the impossibility of having a life given the amount of commitment my career demands hits me.

I told a friend once, maybe it's good that I'm so busy, that my work takes up so much time. That way, I always have an excuse. I can simply say that I'm so busy with work that I don't have the time to meet people... instead of facing up to the possibility that maybe, just maybe, even if I had the time, nobody would want me.

That's certainly how I'm feeling now. After all, how can I possibly be in a situation whereby I like two guys who don't even seem to like me?

I'm pretty, friendly, smart, capable, not lacking for money and definitely fun to be with. If I can't seem to attract a guy even with these qualities, then there must be something wrong with them and not me... right?

No comments: