Sunday, August 15, 2004

I'm back!

And completely exhausted. Other people go on leave to for relaxation. I, on the other hand, go for mini-adventures... or at least the urban version of an adventure.

I'll go into more detail later but this is where I was.

Jul 31 - Aug 2 London (met up with one of my best friends)
Aug 2 - Aug 6 Slovenia though mostly in the capital, Ljubljana ('lj' is pronounced as 'li')
Aug 6 - Aug 12 London (had one of those rare perfect days at Camden where I'm just so happy)
Aug 12 - Aug 14 Paris (had fun at a Miss Sixty sale)

I must have walked over 30 km during my five-day Slovenia break, given that I went to the Julian Alps, the lakes (Bohinj and Bled), the Skocjan Caves, the Slovenian coast town of Piran, but returned every night to the lovely little town of Ljubljana. Unfortunately, I ate a lot of gelato (the best of which was from Cafe Anika in Trnvo in Ljulbljana. Try the Cherry Mania flavour. It's delicious.) so the expected weight-loss/toning effects of such activity was not that significant. Oh well.

A shower and church beckons.

No comments: