Monday, August 30, 2004

I've just watched Fahrenheit 9/11 and while I'm definitely not a Bush supporter (I cannot abide stupidity), I simply cannot take it when someone tries to shove his or her views down my throat... and this is exactly what watching the documentary felt like. While I don't doubt the veracity of the entire film, it did feel as though certain quotes or scenes had been taken out of context; I wasn't entirely convinced that the speakers were referring to the events that director Michael Moore himself was referring to at that point in the film as the speakers featured never once mentioned what the sentence was in response to.

For those of you who'd like to know both sides of the story, take a look at Richard Bushnells 'Bowling For Truth', a site which covers the inaccuracies in Fahrenheit 9/11 as well as Bowling for Columbine. For responses from a seemingly more official site, try Dave Kopel's monograph on the 56 deceits in the show.

No comments: