Sunday, September 05, 2004

I went to see my company doctor on Friday afternoon as I've been suffering from a dull pain in the left-hand side of the back of my head for about a week and a half now. It only comes when I'm bending down to pick up something or if I've tilted my head in a certain direction, or as I discovered yesterday, if I've drunk quite a fair bit. It doesn't disturb my sleep but I do notice that it's still there when I wake up.

In any case, the doctor couldn't find anything wrong with me or my eyes and diagnosed me as having "tension headaches". She prescribed me some muscle relaxant pills which also contained panadol, as well as some gingko tablets to improve the blood circulation.

I've been way more stressed during other periods and have not suffered from this pain before, and this diagnosis got me a little worked up when I was ranting about this to my colleagues, although, granted, I do understand the doctor's point of view. In my opinion, I think it's more to do with some sort of muscle strain or pinched nerve. Nevertheless, I've been good and have been taking the medication prescribed. And it hasn't helped. I still feel the pain, and what's more, my throat feel tight, there's a strange taste in my mouth and I've lost my appetite.

I hope it's nothing serious.

No comments: