Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Went to watch Mamma Mia! today. It's a fantastic production. Terribly weak storyline but who cares? The singing and the dancing is great and it really uplifts you - which is great since I've been working long hours for the past three days (yes, Sunday too).

Check out this comment sent in by one of my countrymen to the Straits Times forum today:
"I just spent a week helping my daughter battle viral fever and stomach flu; my maid and younger son also caught strains of the two ailments. I was worn out.

"Then I attended the Sun-day matinee of Mamma Mia! During the show, I felt transported through time as I relived the passion and energy of my yesteryears. The feeling lingered long after the show and I slept way past midnight, after listening to other music CDs. To the cast of Mamma Mia!, I say, 'Thank you! You cannot imagine what a therapy you have been!'"

And I think I've fallen in love - this time with Christopher Parker, the actor who plays Sky, the daughter's husband-to-be, in the show. He's a Heath Ledger lookalike, another Aussie boy who I fell in love four years ago. Heh.

As you can see, I've limited my falling in love with those who I simply cannot get. That being said, I'm contemplating leaving him a note at the hotel the cast is staying at, just to see what kind of response I'll get. *cue girlish giggle*

No comments: