Sunday, December 26, 2004

There are times when I feel as if I want to indulge in something reckless... like approaching a guy on the street and getting his phone number, or grabbing a guy and snogging him while dancing... or go even further than that.

Unfortunately, I know myself far too well and acknowledge that I will thoroughly regret it the day after.

I just wish so badly sometimes that I could cast off this cloak of uptight and rigid moral standards that I adhere to and just... be completely and utterly crazy. No questions asked and no regrets.

Just the other day, as I was walking past the Meritus Mandarin on my way to Rouge, this rather attractive guy who looked as if he was helping to organise an event at the hotel caught my eye. As I walked past, both he and I made eye contact for about five seconds (about the amount of time needed for someone to realise he's caught your eye, according to Tracey Cox's Superflirt). In the end, I chose to continue on my way although even now, I rue the missed opportunity to have just walked over and struck up a conversation. Or even just smiled.

No comments: