Monday, September 26, 2005

Like many others, I found myself suffering from Zouk withdrawal last weekend. I hadn't been to Zouk much other than for the Heineken Green Room session for Tortured Soul (a soulful house band my 60+ year old US-based uncle had heard of, astoundingly enough), having had a multitude of things hit me, ranging from conjuntivitis to an injured back to something far more serious (in an emotional way and I was really beginning to miss it.

But, being the clubbing whore that I am, I bounced off to DXO to catch Amped brought to you by the lads at Frontal, and had a not-too-bad time, given that I dragged my brother along as well... and as everyone knows, clubbing with your sibling kind of curtails you a little, moderating your drinking and definitely making sure you don't get too cosy with your boyfriend.

So, after introducing the brother to the boyfriend, my over-protective brother leans over to me and says, "if he so much as looks at you wrong, I'll kill him." "How would he look at me wrong?" I asked. "If he makes eye contact," was his reply.

Fair enough.

Anyway, music wasn't too bad. Any time they play a bootleg of White Stripes - Seven Nation Army, some Nirvana, Underworld (Cowgirl!! and Born Slippy!!! I love those synths.) and throw in a bit of The Killers and The Bravery is fine with me. Adrian (wee.like.me from Poptart) and Sue-Shan (from HSEkeeping) were pretty good, though Sue-Shan's mixing could have been a little smoother because I definitely heard some missed beats.

But for now, I'm eagerly awaiting for John Digweed on 12 November (which I might miss because of my CFA exam) and best of all, ZoukOut on 10 December!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So, after introducing the brother to the boyfriend, my brother leans over to me and says, "if he so much as looks at you wrong, I'll kill him." "How would he look at me wrong?" I asked. "If he makes eye contact," was his reply."

ouch. sorry to hear that.

Unknown said...

Nah, my brother was being his usual protective self. He threatened to kill my previous boyfriends too, but as far as I know, they're still hale and healthy. ;)