Friday, September 23, 2005

Given that this seems to be a week of confessions (as Cowboy Caleb noticed), here are some more links:

PostSecret is "an ongoing community art project where people mail-in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard." All of the pieces found on this site are amazing, with each postcard and every word touching me in a way I cannot explain. I'd send one in myself if I had some artistic talent. More images can be found here. For details on how this fascinating project got started, you can read this article.

Group Hug is a similar site, though, in my opinion, much less interesting because this is primarily a text-based confession site. Hence, it doesn't have the same level of artistry that PostSecret has, and subsequently, is less poignant. That, and also because the majority of the confessions entered are about sex.

No comments: