Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A literary meme from MercerMachine and the post which started it all:

I am the girl who jokes about breaking other people’s hearts when, in reality, the only heart she has broken is her own. I’m the girl who’s afraid of commitment, afraid of rejection, terrified of failure, and yet, falls in love far too easily.

I'm the sister who fought with you all the time when we were smaller and who still fights with you whenever we've been in the same place as each other for too long. I'm the sister you played football with using one of her doll's heads. I'm the sister who invented "basketbrawl" having watched one episode of WWF too many. I'm the sister who loves you dearly, and has missed having you around these past few years.

I’m the girl who memorised your timetable and waited for you outside your classes, while we both pretended that I just happened to be in the area. I’m the one who sat with you watching the mid-autumn celebrations one Friday night, and who ended up failing her Economics test the day after. I’m the one who missed you so much when you went away, and whose heart you broke when you didn’t have time for me when you returned. I’m the one who wondered if I made a mistake in leaving you. I’m the one who took a year to get over you, choosing not to return to Singapore during the summer because I didn’t want to run into you.

I’m the girl who still thinks of you sometimes.

I’m the girl who got over you only to fall for you once again when you broke up. I’m the one who compromised what she believed in for a few months of happiness with you. I’m the one you taught how to kiss. I'm the one you kissed goodbye at the train station in Prague, just like in the movies. You're the one I dreamt about a few months after we broke up. I'm the one who cried when I woke up and realised you weren't around anymore.

I’m the girl who told you that she’d be there no matter what. I’m the one who got mad at you for always being late. I’m the girl whose trust you lost when you let her down once too often.

I'm the girl you spent two weeks with after having just met her. I'm the one who called you in a total panic to help her get rid of a dead cockroach. I'm the girl whose couch you slept on after having had a drop too many to drink at Zouk. I'm the one whose bathroom you threw up in when you woke up. I'm the one who gave you one of her most treasured travel souvenirs.

I'm the one who summoned up the courage to tell you that I liked you since the day we met.

I'm the one you rejected.

I’m the girl who’s slightly mad at having been born Catholic, having been born in such a small country with so many rules and restrictions. I'm the girl who needs structure in her life, for otherwise, she wouldn’t know what to do.

I'm the girl who was "Pupil of the Term" when she was nine years old.

I'm the girl you said would never get an A for Mathematics in her A Levels, but did.

I’m the girl who’s allergic to alcohol, but drinks anyway. I’m the girl you think can drink the most out of all our university mates. I’m the one who went out drinking with some Marines the first night I was in Berlin in spite of her jet lag. I’m the one who texts you whenever I get drunk, the girl you come to fetch home when you receive her texts and the one you snogged when we were both drunk. I’m the one who got sick after one glass of Malibu and orange juice, having been perfectly fine after five glasses of champagne on another occasion.

I’m the girl who wants to drink a Waterfall.

I’m the girl you call for advice, who you think is all wise and all knowing, when all she really is, is insecure. I’m the one you think is confident and interesting when she doesn’t think so at all. I’m the girl who looks at her friends and wonders why anyone would like her when there are so many other better people around.

I was the kid who couldn't turn down a challenge. I'm now the adult too afraid of what others think.

I'm the girl who desperately wants to quit her job but is too afraid that she won't be able to find work fast enough. I'm the one who longs to work in London and New York, but doesn't want to risk so much and uproot herself in case she fails.

I’m the girl you called the sweetest girl around. I’m the one who told you that you needed to meet more girls.

I am the girl who fell in love with you, knowing full well you would never return her feelings. I'm the one who misses you seconds after you leave, wondering what why she feels so strongly for you. I’m the one who wonders every single day when what we have will come to an end.

Yes, I’m that girl. Who’re you?

1 comment:

TheDean said...

I'm speechless...

I guess its not wrong to never stop loving someone, but at times. If you love yourself and him, one should move on. I'm sure you'll be able to find "that guy". Someone whom would be able to love you back...