Sunday, October 30, 2005

I've been a sort of good girl of late. Good, because I haven't been going out that much, and sort of, because instead of spending the hours at home studying, I've been spending them hunting down live sets and chatting on MSN.

In any case, to round off the good week I had last week - and hopefully will continue to have this week, and if not, well, I know I've the strength to handle anything that comes my way this time - I ventured out of the house for the first time yesterday at 9.25 pm to go to the Esplanade to catch my friend's band, JonDoe, perform. Man, they've improved a lot since the last time I saw them. They've got two singers now, instead of just my friend, and they work very well together. Iza sounded very much like Bob Marley during No Woman No Cry, while Nick aptly demonstrated his sense of humour and range during Knocking On Heaven's Door and the song after that, which I didn't know, but was told came from the '70s. As I'd been craving for some live music the whole week, this really helped. JonDoe is taking a break for a month or so after performing at Timbre and the Cool Deck at Sentosa over the last few months. If you ever get the chance to see them perform, do go. They're great fun.

After that, I somehow ended up at a house party near my place where a friend of a friend was spinning at. It wasn't exactly the best decision of the night, I feel, as the place was filled with SPGs and expats. I know I looked hot in my short black skirt, French Kitty baby doll T-shirt and my pink Playboy cap (yes, I felt that needed to be said), but still, there was no justification for the ang moh men that were standing near the door when we came in to look at us as if we were pieces of meat. Another thing about the party is that one of my clubbing acquaintances, younger than I am, and rather far-gone, came up to me and seemingly channelling the spirit of my good friend, S., who has since gone overseas to study, and told me that she felt I deserved better, which rather surprised me, given how I'd met her.

But yes, thank you. I know I deserve better. Not just in that particular aspect, but in almost everything else in my life, and this time, I'm going to make sure I go out and get them, and not get discouraged when setbacks occur.

In other news: book 2 down, 4 more to go. *sighs*

No comments: