Sunday, November 13, 2005

Mr. Digweed, you disappointed me. So much so that by the end of the night, I'd given up my notion of trying to get a proper birthday message from you this year. I had so much fun in 2003 (twice in two months!) and 2004, and yesterday... I had fun too, yes. But I was standing on the ladies platform in front of the speakers (my first time ever, and even more impressive given that only two people are allowed up there at any one time) and with Zouk's fantastic sound system, I suspect only the truly awful sets would sound bad at that location. It's been a long time since I danced that long non-stop, but still, that set didn't get me all that high. In fact, I'm not even sure I got off the ground, so to speak.

Oh, and Mr. Casanova (tm T.)? I meant what I said - a dance is just a dance. If I dance with you once, doesn't mean I'll dance with you for the rest of the night. But thank you for not being like the other guy and at least asking permission - which is what got you the first dance in the first place.

And Ms. Potential Posterchild for the Ministry of Health? I appreciate energetic dancing as much as anyone else. Hell, I indulge in it a lot myself, having honed my skills at the finest clubs in London. But - and this is a big but - when you club, I feel it's best to dance and not like as if you're attending an aerobics session. You looked as if you were combining moves from the Great Singapore Workout, what with your flailing arms and even at one point, jumping jacks.

On the plus side, it was definitely good to see the Dancing Doctor and Aldrin again. It's been a while since I last saw them both.

No comments: