Tuesday, November 01, 2005

So, I spent Halloween dressed up as a plain clothes CSI detective.

Yes, yes, I know, not very inventive. But I must stress that I put in a bit more effort than I did in 2003 when I was dressed up as an insurance salesman (i.e. typical office gear). After all, I had a badge and a pair of gloves (thanks to Bar None's snail mail invitation to their Halloween party) and best of all, a pair of glow-in-the-dark handcuffs. I'm not at liberty to reveal how I procured the cuffs. Still, compared to last year's effort, you could pretty much tell that I wasn't wearing anything different than what I usually wear.

I spent the better part of the night at a friend's party at his apartment and pretty much had fun drinking strawberry daiquiris and lychee martini shots and getting to meet his friends. Towards the end of the night though, I started getting a little grumpy; I had sobered up, needed my Zouk fix, and more to the point, had started to miss T. rather badly. I don't know where that urge came from because I've been okay for the last couple of weeks, but I really really missed him yesterday. So I made my way to Zouk to see him.

So I saw him, cuffed him (why not?) and danced along with him in front of the DJ console for a bit before spotting one of my colleagues who happened to be at Zouk as well. So I spent some time dancing with him on the platform, before a devil (accidentally) jammed me in the ribs with his pitchfork, and I decided to get off before he caused me further injury. Man, that hurt.

Aldrin finished his set close to 6 am (good, because long sets are usually incredible but bad, because it's damn hard to get a cab at that time), having played some of the tunes I like such as a breakbeats remix of Underworld - Born Slippy, Layo & Bushwacka - Love Story, Josh Wink - A Higher State of Consciousness and The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up. I'd been dancing my booty off, even managing to shake off a pain in my knee, and in spite of my long absence from Zouk (which has not gone unnoticed, apparently) and a back injury, it's good to know I still have what it takes to be the hardest dancing female, if not the hardest dancing person, on the dance floor any time I'm there.

No comments: