Thursday, January 12, 2006

I quit my job today.

Close friends of mine know how much I've been looking forward to leaving my current position. Don't get me wrong. I like what I'm doing now. What I dislike is giving my all and not getting any appreciation, as well as the lack of attractive prospects. At the same time, it wasn't an easy decision to make. I've spent the last three and a half years with my present company, and tendering my resignation felt as if I was asking for a divorce.

At the same time, I've accepted what seems to be an incredible offer from a competitor firm; not only does the position pay more but it offers the exposure that I've been looking for, the same exposure I've told my boss I wanted time and again.

And I'm happy. I'm very much looking forward to joining the new company in a months time. This may not be my dream job (read: not in London or New York) but I have a feeling that this will go a long way towards getting me towards my career goals. And as my friend pointed out, I'm still young. I can still work in my dream cities before I turn 30.

2006 is off to a kick-ass start!

No comments: