Friday, January 13, 2006

Over the last 24 hours, I've received calls from head-hunters about a position in Hong Kong and an e-mail about a position in London. It's nice to be wanted in your professional capacity, particularly for someone like me given that my job is a big part of my life. I'm fine about missing out on the HK opportunities but man, I do feel a pang about having to turn down the London one; after all, I've already signed the letter of offer. However, I'm not going to let that sap my euphoria at finally resigning. After all, I decided at the beginning of the year to be more courageous, to take more chances, to believe that regardless of the consequences of the choices I make and the choices I could have made, that because I made the decision, they will be good ones.

On another note, should I take it as a good sign that the sun, which I haven't seen at all since the day I got back to Singapore, finally came out today, the day after I resigned? As my friend put it, my decision has brought joy to the whole of Singapore.

I just wish I hadn't caught the flu so quickly after getting back from a fantastic holiday. I've been feeling really ill and the lack of sleep (due to jet lag, the flu, too much spicy food given to me by well-meaning friends who say that it'll unblock my nose) really hasn't helped. I'm feeling so ill right now that I may not be able to make it to Bob Sinclar tonight, which would be a right shame given that he's incredibly good-looking and his body is to die for.

No comments: