Saturday, January 14, 2006

I'm listening to Fatboy Slim's set at Bondi Beach on 31 December 2005. The tracklist looks rather promising, with a fair number of mashups (including Underworld vs. Fatboy Slim - Born Right Now dropped at midnight!) and some old classics. One song in particular caught my attention with its lyrics, seeing as it pretty much reflects my attitude towards clubbing. On the whole, the party sounded pretty cool, and would've catered to my love of familiar tunes which - to me - usually helps to make a good night. And the giant screen which featured messages (especially this message) is a good idea. They should have it at the next ZoukOut or whichever is the next big beach party here.

And if you wonder how I can club so much, it's simple really. It's the company, the music and the dancing. Sometimes it's the alcohol as well, I'll admit. But really, what makes clubbing so fun - and so essential - for me - is a combination of seeing all the familiar faces and being able to dance my worries away. Sure, to some others, listening to house music week in week out can be rather monotonous (as it sometimes gets for me), but I could say that about, say, heavy metal and indie as well.

Spankox - To The Club

Monday night, to the club
Tuesday night, to the club
Wednesday night, what a headache
But I went, to the club

Thursday night, to the club
Friday night, didn't wanna go
Then my friend Michelle called me on the phone
And so I went, to the club

Saturday night, to the club
Sunday night, to the club

(Repeat)

No comments: