Monday, February 27, 2006

I had one of the best weekends of my life at SEA Jam. The Harlem Hot Shots were wonderful as teachers and as performers, and being able to learn from Frankie Manning is at once incredible and awe-inspiring. I could go on a lot more about the camp and how it made me rediscover just how happy swing dancing makes me, but that is for another entry, one that will hopefully come very soon.

Instead, let me gush on about the hottest guy I have ever seen in my life (or so far as I recall): Daniel from the Hot Shots. Tall, blond, blue-eyed, friendly, nice accent and a great dancer. In other words, more than perfect. The funny thing is, he's only hot whenever he wears his spectacles. Otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed him at all. It took a great amount of courage on my part to walk up to him yesterday night and get a photo with him, half making up some story to explain why I wanted his photo, because damn it, that man knows he's good-looking. And he was very nice and almost cheeky about it too. If only there were some way that I'd get to go out on a date and dance with him, and seriously, I'd be on cloud nine for many many many days.

Here's a photo of him, taken from the Hot Shots' web site (obviously, he's the only man in the photo):
In case you're wondering why it is that I chat up good looking guys and all that, let me chalk it up to this: I didn't really consider myself as being all that good-looking until some time during university. In fact, quite the opposite. Those who know me personally may be rather astonished on learning that, but when you've had a guy call you up to taunt you about being ugly during your junior college days (in respose to my rejecting a friend of his who had bet a couple of hundred dollars that he could get me to go out with him, but I didn't know this until much later) , I'd say you'd probably react the same way I did, which is half believe that he's correct until one day, you believe in yourself more and start ignoring your detractors. So when I find someone who blows me away like Daniel or the guy in my office, I will go out on a limb and seize the moment because well, life's too short and I have enough confidence in my own attributes and the general niceness of people. I don't care if you consider me as being excessively frivolous or bimbotic because I know I'm not, and if I don't succeed in getting to my objective, at least it's not for want of trying.

No comments: