Thursday, February 09, 2006

Now that I'm leaving my company, it seems as if the guys have taken it as license to start flirting with me rather openly. Now, I'm the first to admit that in my dealings with my male colleagues, I'm not strictly professional. There're definitely moments when some people may construe it as flirting, such as the way I tilt my head, or respond to a comment. It's not deliberate though, it's just the way I am. But I've noticed over the last few days that there's definitely been an increase in the flirt-back (i.e. the response from the males) with some of them asking me to pop by their floor to say bye even though I haven't met them face-to-face. The most extreme was the guy who said he'd leave the party and take me out somewhere else for drinks if I'm not allowed entry for the company party that's being held in the next few weeks... and that he hopes I won't be allowed in so that that can happen!

While I've posted before that I do like getting attention from men to a certain extent, this is just making me feel weird. I've worked at my company these past few years without so much as a guy making a pass at me, and now, this! In any case, it's not as if I'll take them seriously, because I've operated on a "no office romance" policy over the last few years and it'll take me a while to shake the blinkers off.

No comments: