Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sometimes, you find happiness at the most unexpected moments.

For me, today, it was at the upper floor of Starbucks at Holland Village. I was sitting at a table, flipping through the latest issue of Indigo, while sipping on a iced jelly mocha, a drink I'd been meaning to try since Friday. Sunlight was streaming through the glass door and I was surrounded by university students revising for their year-end exams. It reminded me so much of the time I was studying with my then-boyfriend for my own final exams in London just a couple of years ago.

This time though, I wasn't doing anything serious, nor intellectual. Instead, I was planning my outfit for the upcoming Zouk anniversary ball (assuming I get tickets) and trying my hardest to get the jelly out of my cup.

That was it. That's all it took. I was quietly happy, basking in the brilliant weather and happy memories.

No comments: