Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Okay, I've finally transferred the photos from my phone to my PC (via my Palmtop, which is why I took so long).

So here's some photos I took while on vacation in Rome last year. I'm happy to say that I didn't have to do much touching up at all. I really love the camera on my phone even if it is just one megapixel.

The Trevi Fountain is definitely one of the most-visited sites in Rome. It's been featured in Roman Holiday, sung about in Three Coins in the Fountain, and is the place you have to visit if you want to return to Rome. You know, the whole throw one coin in to ensure your return to Rome, two to fall in love with a Roman, three to get married in Rome jazz? Anyway, the fountain is usually packed with tourists and all kinds of touts, but at midnight on Christmas, the place was blessedly empty.


Christmas Day at the Piazza di Spagna. Again, nicely empty and although this photo may not evoke any feeling in you, this was taken shortly before I danced down the relatively empty Via Condotti (the branded street) singing All I Want For Christmas Is You.





A Christmas tree along the walls that mark the city limits of Rome. A nice contrast of something so delightfully modern and cheery and something which is possibly thousands of years old.








A random shot of one of the many churches around Rome. The sun was setting and I just thought the whole building, though much simpler than the other churches around the city, was beautiful. I loved its roundness more than anything else, if I recall correctly.

No comments: