Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I love my colleagues. They're great people to work with and chat with.

Just the other day, my English colleague revealed to us that because he didn't subscribe to the sports channel on cable, and he wanted to know the England - Portugal score, he ended up using binoculars to 'spy' on one of the flats opposite his apartment which happened to have a gigantic TV screen. As if that wasn't bad enough...

Colleague: This was about the time it went to penalty kicks. When I looked at their screen, the score was 3-1 to Portugal. I don't know much about the penalty system so I walked back to my television to check the Wimbledon tie-break and when I came back, I saw their TV was off and I thought, 'oh no, I've been spotted!' and that they'd turned off the television and drawn the curtains to hide from me. Then I went on the Internet and realised that 3-1 was the final score.
Me: Ha ha! At least it wasn't the 3 am game because if they'd spotted you then, you'd be in some serious trouble! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Colleague: I don't think I should have told you that story. It's really not the sort of thing I should be sharing with people.

Indeed.

No comments: