Thursday, July 27, 2006

I've been on training the past couple of days on a course taught by an Australian. And it's only today that I've learnt what "knifey spooney" in The Simpsons episode: Bart vs. Australia is based on: The Crocodile Dundee movie. I was pleasantly surprised when I made the connection.

It's truly the little things in life which make one happy... especially true in a week when I've been stood up (in a sense) twice!

If you've never had the good fortune to watch that episode (and I have, at least three times), here're a couple of choice quotes... including "knifey spooney"!

Marge: I'll just have a cup of coffee.
Bartender: Beer it is.
Marge: No, I said coffee.
Bartender: Beer.
Marge: Cof-fee.
Bartender: Be-er.
Marge: (spells) C-O...
Bartender: (spells) B-E...

Australian man: You call that a knife? This is a knife!
Bart: That's not a knife. That's a spoon.
Australian man: Alright, alright, you win. Heh. I see you've played knifey-spooney before.

No comments: