Saturday, August 19, 2006

Three was utterly fantastic last night. His music selection was awesome and his mixing flawless.

Unfortunately, the crowd was horrible. I really couldn't stand them, from the people I encountered hanging around the entrance to Phuture to the people on the Zouk dance floor. The crowd at Zouk has been very different since the club's re-opening after its renovation last year, and not for the better. Zouk didn't just lose its underground, grungy feel when everything was freshened up; the crowd somehow became preppier, younger (read: of high school going age), and more poseur-ish.

I used to think that there was a possibility that my reacting this way was due to my growing older, but all of my regular clubbing friends expressed the same opinion last night. It's not us, it really is them.

As a result, I decided to get sloshed just so I could tolerate the crowd and not leave early and mix out on a DJ I've heard so much about. I will admit part of the reason I drank so much was because I had a long work week, and also because I was angry at myself for allowing myself to get my hopes up about something else. I danced way more aggressively than I have in a long time and it felt good when the night ended to have expended all my energy in that fashion.

Result: I slept rather well, my muscles are rather dance and I have a headache, either from the tension or the hang over, I don't know which. And I still have to work this weekend.

No comments: