Monday, August 21, 2006

I will admit this: I do miss a certain someone. And I really shouldn't, given how briefly we got to know each other. And this, combined with my work (or should that be overwork?) situation, has caused me to want to take a break to clear my thoughts before going on my third date with S.

I'm not sure if there's anything there with S. just yet; I enjoyed our first date, but felt a little stressed for the second date, as if I was searching for something, anything, which would make me think perhaps something could happen with us both. S. doesn't make my heart skip a beat, at least not just yet. But there're some people who say that if you don't feel that way, even a little, then there's really no point in pursuing the matter further.

But I will say this for S. He seems safe. Like I won't get in too deep and get hurt. And I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

All in all, I should be glad that that certain someone didn't stay for longer. I recognise that he's the kind of person who could have been very bad for me. Honestly, yes, he is nice, sweet, a great conversationalist and very good-looking. But I strongly suspect that had he stayed, I would have ended up getting hurt, instead of just being wistful and regretful as I am now.

It's not often someone makes me feel like that, definitely not within the first week of having met him, and I'm a little confused now.

Hence, the break.

When will I ever get a dating life which isn't filled with drama of one kind or the other?

No comments: