Tuesday, September 26, 2006

MSN conversation with one of my best friends who's overseas:
Me (on the various reasons for wanting a change in job): And - this may sound silly - but I'm just thinking, the men here are crap, I need to get out of here so that I can meet someone decent.
She: Are they really that bad?

At this moment, a guy who's been bugging me since the day we met comes on and - guess what? - starts bugging me in the worst way that guys who have no clue that the girl has no interest in them whatsoever can.

Me: Do you think it would be really mean of me to tell said guy who's bugging me and who just broke up and is bemoaning the fact that he chose her above me (and honestly, he didn't, I wasn't interested in him but he just doesn't get it) and that he's paying for it now, that we would never have worked out so he chose right?
She: No. Tell him he chose right and he deserved everything that happened after. I hate men like that. One should be responsible for what one does.
Me: I was really glad when she came along because she kept him from bugging me.
She: Ha ha ha! Is he Singaporean, Chinese and our age.
Me: Yes, yes and yes again.
She: Oh God. COME TO LONDON.

That just about sums it up.

No comments: