Friday, November 10, 2006

What a week. I've been working late every single day this week because a deal which had lain dormant for months suddenly rose up and threaten to swamp us under. I did my best given the little we got and made arrangements to work out of Sydney but thanks to a last minute change on the part of our client, we're now back to almost square one and I can look forward to an uninterrupted vacation.

On the other hand, this will be the deal of the year in Asia if it goes through and I would hate for it to close during my absence after all the work I've done on it. You really only get the glory when you're there for the closing.

In any case, I can't do anything about it, and given that I did threaten - mock or otherwise - to quit if they didn't let me go on my first vacation of the year (the bachelorette party in August didn't count because I didn't get much rest at all), I'm trying not to think about it and just think about how excited I am to see U2 after all these years of yearning.

I'll write more about my travels during the last few months and the people I've met some other time.

Oh, and one last thing. Just to clarify, it is possible to like more than one person at one time, in case you think I'm some kind of guy-starved, desperate, crazy girl. Far from it. I just meet people who I get this sense that we could have something together, short-term or long-term, and it's just my misfortune that most of the people who I meet who I feel that way about, happen to be based overseas.

Back to packing. I'm leaving for the airport in just over a half hour and I still haven't finished packing yet.

No comments: