Friday, December 08, 2006

I was informed several hours ago that they need me to go to our overseas office this weekend. They wanted me to leave tomorrow but I begged off as I've a wedding dinner to attend, and of course Zoukout.

And yes, the latter isn't a proper personal commitment, but damn it, I've worked so hard this year, and I'm aware that I'm not being paid all that greatly for my industry, and I freaking deserve this.

I called a couple of friends and probably sounded very close to becoming completely unglued. It's just that... I'm tired. I really am. I want a proper break. And while I don't want to get married just yet, it doesn't mean I want the kind of life whereby that path is completely closed to me. In short, I'd like some work/life balance. In fact, I'd just like a life.

But for the moment, I'm just staring at the weather forecast for Hong Kong and while I see the numbers, my brain is unable to comprehend the clothing requirements for 17 to 24 degrees Celsius.

No comments: