Sunday, December 10, 2006

Just got back from Zoukout and finished packing up for my business trip.

Zoukout was pretty decent, but not spectacular. Still, as I told a friend on my way out, we'll always go to Zoukout because the one party you choose not to attend will inevitably turn out to be a great one.

Funnily enough, in spite of my qualms about dancing in my bikini top and shorts last year, I experienced no such thing this time around, especially because I was very hot with my top on. Given my usual conservative nature, my friends raised an eyebrow, but gave their wholehearted approval. While this was fun, I did end up attracting some weirdoes here and there, with one particularly stubborn one who was nice but refused to go away until I ran and hid between (!) two new cute male acquaintances I had made that night.

After that guy backed off, one of the new acquaintances turned to me and said, "You attract trouble, you know," with a wry grin on his face. I protested that it was just that one guy he saw, and he said, "No, you've also got two of us." It took me a little longer than usual to get that because it was 5 am and my brain was operating slower than normal.

That same acquaintance asked for my phone during the shuttle bus ride out, and keyed in his phone number into my address book. I had been wondering if I should ask for his number, especially since someone else I had met during Zoukout and who had introduced me to said acquaintance was displaying what I'd consider significant signs of interest in me as well, although truth be told, I was more interested in getting to know the acquaintance better.

Bikinis, dancing, alcohol, flirting and cute guys. I guess I really couldn't ask for a better way to sooth the sting of having to go overseas on such short notice.

No comments: