Monday, December 25, 2006

Over the weekend, I managed to grab the last few early bird tickets left for the Good Vibrations Festival taking place on February 19, 2007 at Park View Fort Canning Park (venue's been changed).

The line-up looks pretty good with the Beastie Boys (!!!) and Jurassic 5 heading the line-up for the Singapore edition of the festival. Other artists performing include Cicada, Cut Copy, Ursula 1000, Too Phat, Wicked Aura Batucada and the Guerilla Collective.

I admit I'm going solely for the Beasties; I don't know anything much about the other artists save Wicked Aura Batucada (seeing as they're from Singapore). The only song I can recall offhand from any of the other artists is Jurassic 5 - Swing Set which is a pretty nice song to swing dance to because it's just so different and reminds me of The Avanlanches - Frontier Psychiatrist, I guess, because of the sampling and turntabulism involved.

But what the hey, it's the Beasties, the band which spawned some of the funniest and best music videos ever made, and it's something to do over the holiday season, so why not?

No comments: