Sunday, December 24, 2006

Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You has got to be the best Christmas song ever. I have yet to tire of the song; in fact, I could listen to it all year long.

Bill Nighy - Christmas is All Around
from Love Actually is another of my personal favourites. It's just so incredibly cheeky and great fun to sing at karaoke.

Another song I like listening to at this time of year is East 17 - Stay Another Day which was released in 1994. There's nothing vaguely Christmas-y about it, but because it was the Christmas no. 1 in the UK the year it came out, the song just reminds me of this particular time of year. And heck, it's a nice light love song.

I just checked YouTube and realised that East 17, like Take That, have reunited and gone on tour in Europe this year. Will wonders never cease?

No comments: