Sunday, January 28, 2007

If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?

A meme inspired by Mr. Brown and a great way to discover hitherto unknown or forgotten tracks in your massive musical library. Here're the rules:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button.
6. Don't lie

Opening Credits:
Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground (The Umbrellas of Ladywell Mix)

Waking Up:
Mocca – On the Night Like This
Rather light and fluffy… and probably incredibly inappropriate given I just woke up.

First Day At School:
U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name (Live from Sydney)
I somehow doubt I was this incredibly happy or euphoric the first day I attended school.

Falling In Love:
L.S.G. – Netherworld
This is a rather intense song, so I guess, on one level, it kind of makes sense… actually, no, it doesn’t at all.

Fight Song:
Anne Clark – Sleeper in Metropolis (Brutus & Nero Remix)
I had no idea I had this song in my library. I don’t even remember why I got it given I know neither the singer nor the remixers. It’s a trance song, so I suppose if it’s a fight a la The Matrix, it might work.

Breaking Up:
Various Artistes – Watch the Birdie
Man, such a happy song, and definitely one of my favourites to swing dance to.

Prom:
Jacky Cheung and Sara Chen – Ming Ming Bai Bai Wo De Xin
Yes, I have Chinese songs in my music library. And this would probably have been entirely appropriate for the slow dance at the Prom.

Life's OK:
Groove Armada – In My Bones
This is a nice, funky tune, so, yes, life is most definitely okay going by this.

Mental Breakdown:
Underworld – Dinosaur Adventure 3D
The way this track starts off, I can definitely imagine myself under a huge amount of stress – or just in the throes of clubbing like heck.

Driving:
Paul van DykDenki Groove – Niji (Potted Gold Remix)
Well, if I were ever driving on a road trip, my playlist would definitely consist of electronic dance music tunes. I’m not sure if I’d listen to trance though, as I’ve moved on since then.

Flashback:
The Magnetic Fields – I Don’t Really Love You Anymore
Kind of apt, given that I’m trying my best to let go and move on rather than wish for the good old days of the past.

Getting Back Together:
Beastie Boys – Intergalactic (Daft Punk Remix)
WTF?

Wedding:
The Pooh Sticks – Force Fed by Love
Errrrrr

Birth of Child:
Paralamas do SucessoMeu Erro
Well, it’s a really happy tune even though I don’t know what they’re singing about.

Final Battle:
Emiliana Torrini – Sea People
This is most definitely not a fight song… more like a sad farewell or possibly quiet resignation.

Death Scene:
Wheat – Don’t I Hold You
This is a really nice song… and I’m undecided as to whether it’s appropriate for a death scene in the slightest.

Funeral Song:
Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ha ha ha! That’s awesome. This would have been my choice for a fight scene, quite honestly.

End Credits:
Polaroid – So Damn Beautiful (Chris Coco Mix)
I certainly hope so.

No comments: