Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It's Valentine's Day next week. I wonder if it says something about me that I've spent the last eight Valentine's Days single and unattached, and will most definitely be making the upcoming one my ninth consecutive such V-Day.

Sure, I've had a couple of boyfriends and dated a few others since the last V-Day I was actually attached but nothing's lasted longer than that particular relationship.

And it's not as if I want to be married, but it'll be nice to know that there's someone there for me, not in a 'friend' kind of way, but in the 'significant other' sense.

Just over an hour ago, I told my mum that I'd just returned home from work, and that it's the sacrifice I'm making for doing my best to make the possibility of a transfer overseas become a reality. Then I added that she'd also have to put up with an old and unmarried daughter by the time I succeeded.

My mum replied, "It's okay, better than being married and divorced."

Yes, there's a word or two missing from that statement which would make it make more sense, but you get what she means. And maybe now, you know a little more about why I'm the way I am!

No comments: