Monday, March 05, 2007

Every time I go to Hong Kong, I re-fall in like with the city.

Then the moment I get back to Singapore, I'm reminded of everything that I dislike about the place: the sheer human density of HK, the lack of nice big clubs and good house music, tiny apartments and clean air.

Still, I've renewed my efforts to look for that elusive overseas posting. My original plan was to wait until the end of this year and quit if nothing definite was offered, but after talking to a couple of people in my industry, and having them react in shock at how poorly I'm being paid (even though I think I'm doing pretty okay), I guess working over there wouldn't be very much different to working here. The hours would be similarly long, and the savings at the end of the day would probably be equal, but the main thing I realise is that I meet a lot more interesting people over there. True, there may be the foreign and hence, new element to all of them, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to survive over there now, in spite of my lack of Cantonese and Mandarin speaking ability.

No comments: