Tuesday, April 17, 2007

An Englishman, a Singaporean and an Indian walked into a cafe. No, it's not the start of a joke, just a description of my two colleagues and I during lunch last week, when we somehow got onto the discussion of the differences of "Old Money" vs. "New Money." And now, just last weekend, with the break-up of Prince William and Kate Middleton, we get articles in the British press telling us all about it. Such a wonky coincidence. My personal favourite is the anecdote of Nicholas Soames and Tim Sainsbury on the subject of dress.

And if you're been wondering what class you'd fall under - British-wise - there's even a quiz that'll help you out. It's tongue-in-cheek of course. I'm 10 points away from having my own coat of arms... but then again, I have always maintained that I am a well-brought-up female.

And on another note, one of my favourite products - petroleum jelly - has been profiled.

I do so love English papers.

No comments: