Tuesday, April 10, 2007

There're some songs which when I hear, I simply cannot help but just been filled with an incredible joy. I feel like skipping, no, dancing, down the sidewalk and just want to burst into song, so happy does the song make me feel.

My top five happy songs are:
1. Daft Punk - Digital Love
It was a tough fight between Daft Punk's One More Time and Digital Love, but in the end, I decided on this tune. It's the kind of song which seems to capture the feeling of being young, happy and in love. That, and it's incredibly fun to sing along to the robotic voice and just dance crazily when the pounding bass kicks in midway through the song.

2. The Cure - Friday, I'm in Love
This song is just chockful of joy, from beginning to end. There's no let-up, no chorus, no bridge, just pure ecstasy, the kind you get when you're, well, in love.

3. Counting Crows - Accidentally in Love
The guitar riff that kicks off this tune is just so exuberant. It never fails to leave a smile on my face.

4. Sinead O'Connor - I Guess the Lord Must be in New York City
The tune's incredibly upbeat and there's a kind of joie de vivre that's in Sinead's voice when she sings "New York Cityyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

5. Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing
I defy anyone to listen to this song and not have an idiotic grin on his or her face. As I've mentioned before, this song makes me most emphatically want to kick up my heels and do a little jig, much in the same way the Prime Minister (as played by Hugh Grant) in Love Actually did..

What're your top five?

No comments: