Wednesday, July 04, 2007

So far, this week's been all about ex-es, and guys I used to date.

On Sunday, I SMS'd one ex because I happened to be in his part of town. I haven't seen him since the night of the Coldplay concert last year. He replied by telling me that it was freaky as he had just been thinking about me.

Today, another ex added me on Facebook.

Yesterday, while helping at a presentation to university students, I spotted someone who - for a split second - resembled a guy I used to date, but turned out not to be him.

The thing with all these instances, is that I still felt the proverbial jolt. And it bothered me that time had passed, and for some of them, a considerable amount of time too, and yet, I still felt a little something. Perhaps it was because I didn't expect to see them and that's why they had that effect on me. And maybe the truth is that I will always feel a little something for the people I, at one time, felt strongly about.

I don't know if other people feel this way, but I certainly hope there are others out there like me. I would hate to think it's because I'm crap at letting go and moving on.

No comments: