Thursday, September 06, 2007

It is now more or less official. I will be moving to London for work, and my first day of work is November 1, 2007.

It's difficult to uproot myself, having been home for over five years now, and having found a great team which I am happy working with. Indeed, it's even more difficult looking at the challenges that lie ahead, given my reputation in the region as being one of the star performers here (my boss's words, not mine).

Still, this is something I've been thinking about since graduation, and if I don't move now, I'll never move. And even if I muck it up, at the very least, I will have tried to fulfill a long-held dream instead of staying nicely safe and cosy in my comfort zone.

I'm scared, I'm nervous, I'm happy and excited and I'm sad all at once. It's a little difficult to process in such a short time, so don't ask me any questions if you see me both grinning and teary at the same time.

No comments: