Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Playing games may be a good way to let off some steam... but not when I'm incredibly wound up and tired out from work, it would seem. I've written about times when I've come home from the office, exhausted and close to tears, and today was just another one of those days. I feel as if my company's trying to get the most out of me before I leave, and I'm not even getting (much of) a break before I start work in London. I guess the main event which showed just how on edge I was on was when a colleague of me commented that he had never heard me lose my patience with a certain other department before today, after I went, "I don't care what they do, but they have to get it done!"

Couple my overall mental state with my competitive streak... and you just know that I'm not going to be able to take losing well.

So there I was, playing a game with a friend where I had a slight lead, when said friend makes a killer move. My reaction? I was stunned and actually had to fight from crying. I even contemplated just resigning from the game, rather than play on. "It's just a game," I told myself, "get a grip." So play on, I did. And then said friend makes another killer move, and then, this time, there was no stopping the tears.

My only consolation? That this game was played online.

I really do hate having people see me cry.

No comments: