Sunday, June 15, 2008

I have to confess that I'm not the best judge of height. I remember going out with W. and just always assuming that he couldn't possibly be that tall, and, as a result, was a tad worried when it came to my wearing heels. As it turned out, W. was over four inches taller than I was and just tended to slouch, so I needn't have worried.

There's this guy in my office with whom I've become good friends. Now he is taller than W. by far (over eight inches taller than I am). We've hung out quite a bit in recent months. Today was the first day we met outside of work, meaning I wasn't wearing heels, but instead, flats. The first thing I said when I saw him was: "You're very tall. I never realised that."

Possibly not the most intelligent thing to come out of my mouth, but there you have it.

In other news, the Czech Republic - Turkey game must be one of the most exciting games in years. Two goals, one red card, one upset and lots of tears in just ten minutes. Soccernet has a brilliant headline with "Turk That!"

It was such an exciting atmosphere that I wanted the Czechs to score an equaliser just to have the game to go to penalties. One thing that should have occurred though is that Vinz Koller should have been carded for his blatant exaggeration even though the Turkish goalie Volkan Demirel did deserve to be sent off for physically reacting to whatever it was Koller did.

I'm glad we decided to catch the second half of the game rather than go home and do something more productive.

No comments: