Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Wearily dragging myself out of bed this morning, I turned on Xfm only to have it play Faithless - Insomnia, one of the greatest dance tunes of all time, though perhaps not entirely reflective of what I'm going through at the moment.

Of course, they added to the fun by playing Barack Obama's victory speech on top of Morpheus' speech to Zion in The Matrix: Reloaded. It was definitely reminiscent of the random comparisons I come up with all of the time (for instance, whispering to P. during Mass that the altergirl, in her too-short robe, jeans and black calf-high boots, coupled with long, sort-of curly hair tied up in two pony tails, resembled a member of the Sand People in Star Wars, prompting him to struggle not to laugh for the next five minutes, and reminded me of why he'd banned me from making such comments during Mass).

I apologise on the last part. It's one of those you had to be there moments, I guess. He did return the favour by telling me, "May the Force be with you" while wishing me good luck for my exams, and, being a huge Star Wars fan, it's something I thoroughly appreciate more than "good luck" at the moment.

And while I'm still a little behind on my revision schedule, I do feel as if the Force is with me... in between bouts of anxiety attacks, that is.

No comments: