Friday, August 29, 2008

It's always a bit of an uphill battle when it comes to logging in to check the results of the CFA examinations, especially when you choose to log in around the time the results are posted. I must have been stuck on the page where it said "Pass rate: 53%" for about 20 minutes before finally managing to log-in and get my results.
When I first saw the magic word on the top left-hand corner of my screen, I blinked in relief. That's my usual initial reaction to anything. If I'm shocked, scared, confused, relieved, etc. I blink. This time around, I recall thinking, "No, no, no! Don't close your eyes! The screen might change!" That's how relieved and shocked I was.

Then, I stood up, my hand over my mouth in shock, and proceeded to get a bit teary whereupon my manager asked, "Is that good or bad?" and I just said, with a great deal of emotion in my voice (rather like Rachel in Friends), "It's good, it's good!" and smiled so widely that I was later told I was practically radiating happiness.
Ah... good times.

No comments: