Friday, December 26, 2008

One of the best things about this Christmas season - besides getting to spend an unusually quarrel-free time with my family, and spending an unexpectedly sweet afternoon on Christmas Eve with MD - has been chilling out watching TV on P.'s new LCD TV with built-in Freeview receiver.

This has meant, among other things, getting to watch all of my favourite American crime dramas, such as CSI and Numb3rs, and a rather compelling episode of Cold Case called Beautiful Little Fool set in the roaring '20s. But it has also meant that P. and I can watch TV and make comments in dialect about the silliness that is Horatio Caine of CSI: Miami, which included a moment when, after Horatio makes one of his incredible leaps of faith which turn out to be correct, my saying in a totally deadpan tone of voice, "Hwah. Si beh kiang" (Hokkien for "damn bloody strong").

I love Hokkien. I'm just not at all good at speaking it, but it just cracks me up every time I get a chance to use it.

On a related note, Rockson's back!

No comments: