Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I've often been described as a failed Singaporean. I can't take chilli (although I do like spicy food), I hate durians, I don't like Chinese desserts (I've only eaten ice kachang twice in my entire life), I can't speak Mandarin that well and I get sick of Chinese food on a regular basis.

Still, on this journey of rediscovering how to cook, I've purchased chillis, curry powder and curry paste in recent weeks because, dang it, I want to cook curry. I'm taking it one step at a time (as with everything else) and will be trying out a recipe from the BBC Good Food website.

Yep, that's right. I'm such a failed Singaporean that I'm learning how to cook ang moh-nised curry.

Anyway, on a related note, some time back, a pot of burning chilli apparently sparked fears of a biological terror attack in central London.

No comments: