Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I'm not a reggae fan, but I've got to admit that Easy Star All-Stars are geniuses. I mean, reggae covers of Pink Floyd and Radiohead (in their albums Dub Side of the Moon and Radiodread respectively)? Who in their right mind would have thought of that? And, more to the point, who would ever have thought it would have worked so brilliantly? I usually hate Radiohead covers as nothing's better than the original, but it's virtually impossible to listen to their cover of No Surprises without laughing one's head off.

They've just realised Easy Star Lonely Hearts Dubs Band, an album of Beatles covers. Check out this performance of A Little Help from My Friends.

They'll be performing at Koko in London on April 28th, which I cannot make as I have another concert on that day. I was out of the country during their last performance in London, so I'm rather upset that I'm missing them once again!

No comments: